Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Oath-Sworn of the Ebonheart Pact Forum Index -> Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vasarr
Man-at-Arms

re: Nightblade Builds

So let's start off with Nightblade build discussion. Here's my build I've been thinking about http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#zczzbnB8qqH8qsI8qcT8qvu8qgk8L7McdoQr8p7CMdBvT6cdBET8t7XrsgW6MwYlv6MwYl28C7Xqzqa6Lzqq6rzqu6czqG6LzqI6MGFWn8D7mrzdM6rzdm8U7o68zc7pcgePB6cgeYc 

I'm going with dual wield magicka build and it's mostly PvP focused, it's meant to be glass cannon hit & run build. I will probably add a bow to that build so I can stay at the edge of the battle, range my enemy until the right moment comes and I jump in with my daggers for a kill. It's more of a solo roaming build than raid vs raid as it's probably way too squishy and gets killed by AoE's too easily.

Here are some tools to create your own builds:

http://www.esohead.com/calculator/skills

http://skillcalc.massyx.de/

Doc Longstride
Captain-General

The Dual Wield Nightblade is going to be quite popular as the traditional "Rogue" archetype, but it is also quite powerful. The bow is a great addition as practically all of the bow skills offer some sort of crowd control or utility. 

On my Nightblade I utilized Heavy armour and a two-handed sword. While it may seem unconventional, I found it to be quite effective. 

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#zccza3s8qcT8qBk8bix8bwv8qRZ8L7M68p7JMdBvT6MdBvj6MdBEI6MdBEp6cdBET8T7JMrqAi6MrqAI6MrqAD6MrqAZ6crqLw8x7XLsff6Lsfw6MwGN16MwGAR6MwGAs6MwGAa6MwGAb8t7X68C7XLzqa6Lzqq6rzqu6czqG6LzqI6MGFWn8D7GrzdM6zzdm6Lzds8F7XLzrO8U7omrWe8Z7XznrJs6cnrJi6cnfeO

The Nightblade will definitely not be one of my first characters, but when I do play with him, his two-hander bar will look something like that. 

• I chose Impale because of its use as a ranged execute. 300% extra damage to low health targets from a 15m range is quite nice.
  • Ambush is a great gap closer. Further, it stuns the target! That makes it great as a ranged interrupt on healers.
  • Refreshing path was chosen for its use as a "Get out of Jail Free" ability. It deals damage, it heals, and it gives a boost to movement speed.
  • Executioner was chosen for much the same reason Impale was. However, Executioner is a stamina based skill, allowing me to use both resource pools to deal 300% damage to low health targets. Also, Executioner heals on cast.
  • Rally is excellent as it increases the damage of both weapon skill attacks and light/heavy attacks. It also heals.
  • Soul Tether is quite a powerful ultimate. It is an AoE stun with a powerful synergy! 

I'd have to play around with it a bit first, but I can definitely see myself using a Restoration Staff as a secondary weapon. Burst damage on one bar and heals on another sound annoying in PvP, and I could function as a healer/off-healer in group content.

simple69
Man-at-Arms

I plan on starting out as nightblade on launch.  I think I am going to go 2 daggers and then after 15 add a bow into the mix.  Not sure I am going to test it out more in this up coming beta.  I love the templar I just fear we are going to have alot of tanks and very little dps. :)

Doc Longstride
Captain-General

The beauty of the open ended class system is a class' ability to fill any role! Templars are great DPS'ers, both AoE and single target. If that's what you like, play it! Nightblades, however, do offer allot of burst damage on single targets, making them great for executing enemies with low health. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Oath-Sworn of the Ebonheart Pact Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: